Karen joined O2 Consulting in 2016. Prior to that, Karen worked in several premier international law firms and held key positions in private investment companies in the USA and Russia. Karen is a member of New York Bar since 2002.
In more than 15 years of practice, Karen has closed over 50 M&A/Private Equity deals, including major projects in energy and infrastructure, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, high-tech, chemical, transportation, recreation & entertainment, IT, retail trade, food and beverages and other industries.
In O2 Consulting, Karen leads the firm’s International Legal Practice.
Karen holds a Master of Law (US Law, LL.M) degree from Columbia University Law School (New York, USA), JD (Russian Law, cum laude) from Lomonosov Moscow State University (MGU) Law School and PhD (Linguistics) from Moscow State Linguistic University. Fluent English.
- M&A, Private Equity, VC deals
- Cross-border projects, JVs
- Foreign and Russian corporate and commercial law
- Foreign investments, international corporate structuring
- Three acquisitions by a leading telecom company of various telecom targets and a sale of its own shares to two strategic investors
- Two sales by Detroit Investments of its stakes in Russian and Belarusian breweries to two major international brewing companies
- Restructuring by RusGasEngineering (RGE, a leading Russian oil & gas infrastructure developer) of its debts to Sberbank of Russia and the related sale by RGE of a stake in its capital to Sberbank CIB
- Development for an investment arm of a leading Russian bank of an optimal corporate and tax structure for its investments in new hi-tech venture projects through various investment and financial instruments
- Advising a leading Italian energy & gas company in its acquisition of Russian oil & gas assets (total transaction value – $5.8 billion)
- Acquisition by several Russian private investors of an amusement park in the USA
- First acquisitions by a large foreign investment company on the Russian commercial real estate market
- Several investments by a private investment company with Russian capital in several US start-ups
- Advising a high net worth client in his acquisition of real estate in Switzerland
- Acquisition by First Quantum Group of ports and container terminals in Russia and Ukraine from National Container Company
- Buy-out by the owners of the UK retailer Monsoon Accessorize of minority interests in the chain’s Russian companies from their management
- Acquisition by an investment fund of shares in the capital of companies producing online games and offering cable TV services
- Advising a client with respect to his exit from several JVs with the client’s former business partner